Town of Lamoine, Maine
The Official Website of Lamoine's Town Government
Conservation Commission Minutes
Minutes - February 15, 2022 (Draft, subject to correction)
Members Present: Chair, Larissa Thomas, Linda Penkalski, Diane Nicholls, Jack Robichaud
Member Absent: Kerry Diskin
Alternate Members Absent: Michael Jordan, Diana Cassel
Meeting was convened by Chairwoman Thomas at 8:12 PM at the Lamoine Consolidated School immediately following the Community Action Grant Public Workshop.
1. Approval of the January 12, 2022 minutes
2. Community Action Grant Public Workshop: This evening, February 15, 7:00 pm, the public workshop was attended by 15 Lamoine residents. After much discussion from those in attendance the following actions are to be prioritized: “transitioning away from fossil fuels (with an emphasis on solar), updating town heating systems to incorporate cleaner and more efficient technology (heat pumps), and improving roads in a variety of ways.”
3. Returnables Program: Reminder that March is returnables month for LCC.
4. GET WET: Linda emailed Dawn McPhail, principal, on January 27, 2022 a list of chemicals they will order for the 2022-23 school year. She heard back from Dawn in early February that she received the list. Linda will email school staff in early March to schedule this year's GET WET! testing for early May so we can do the testing outside like last year.
5. Implementation of the LCC Responsibilities in the Lamoine Comprehensive Plan: Kerry and Diane have completed their review of the LCC’s Natural Resources Implementation Responsibilities. Kerry will summarize those findings at our next meeting and invites input from all our members before providing a status report to the Select Board.
6. Conservation Award: Linda has notified the recipient. The award will be presented the night of March 16, at 6:00 prior to the start of the Town Meeting. Location, Lamoine Consolidated School.
7. The 2022 MMA Environmental Challenges Webinar Feb 24.
The Town has registered Diane for the Webinar and she will report
back to our members an overview of the morning's event. One of the topics to be discussed is the BrownTail Moth.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:22 PM.
The minutes were taken by ____________________ and approved on ___________________.